ENTRY TO THE 2003 OPEN AND WOMENS PLAYOFFS
The rights and responsibilities of players eligible to enter the Playoff are set out together with the Playoff format. This document is not distributed by mail unless a specific request has been made to the ABF Secretariat.
The schedule of Playoff Qualifying Points (PQP) and their award to partnerships and teams are published separately.
Players should note that they are not entitled to PQP until they have completed and lodged the Declaration of Eligibility for each event in which they earned PQP, with the exception of 6 PQP for members of teams in the ANC.
A nomination for the Playoff consists of a team-of-six made up of three Designated Pairs. To be eligible each player must have at least six PQP and each Designated Pair must have been awarded at least one PQP as a result of contesting an event in 2002 as part of the same unit (pair or team). It is possible for a Designated Pair to be awarded PQP as part of a team unit without playing as a partnership. Nominations are ranked by the total PQP of all members calculated as 100% of PQP earned in the same unit (pair or team) plus 50% PQP earned in other units.
Initial Nominations Close:
- all players have complied with the conditions detailed in the Declaration of Eligibility
- the team contact will comply with the completion of entry conditions
Nominations are ranked by total PQP immediately and the ABF expects to advise the team contacts of successful nominations on the following Monday.
Completion of Entry Date:
- pay the entry fee of $900 per team
- lodge completed Declarations of Availability for all six players
- provide systems for all partnerships
- identified by pair and team captain
- submitted as an electronic version (Edwards CCE/ABF Standard System Card format) AND
- as a copy printed from that electronic version plus a maximum of 2 supplementary A4 sheets completed on one side only (electronic version as a Word or text file).
Systems not complying with ABF/WBF guidelines are returned for amendment.
Designated Events 2003.
- Zone Seven Championship expected to be held in early May in Tahiti with the qualified teams contesting the Bermuda Bowl and Venice Cup
- PABF Championship scheduled currently for Manila, Philippines.
The ABF reserves the right to withdraw a designated event if in its sole discretion it believes that security issues associated with the venue for a designated event warrant such a withdrawal. The ABF declares its intention to be governed in the exercise of this discretion by travel advisory warnings issued by the Australian Government.
If and when the ABF withdraws a designated event, it is accepted that it will not offer a substitute event.
If the ABF indicates its intention to withdraw a designated event on these grounds but the players decide to attend the event in any case, the players will release the ABF from any liability that might arise out of such a decision.
Eligibility of members of Open and Women's teams to play in Seniors
Less than 6 teams entering the 2003 Playoffs.
Format. The 2003 Playoff consists of 4 stages
Stage I: 5 x 16 = 80-board round-robin to rank the teams 1 through 6
Stage IV: 4 x 16 = 64-board final and match for 3rd place
The maximum carryover to the next stage is QF & SF, 16 IMP Final, 24 IMP
For the 2003 Playoffs, the field is ranked after the first stage and again after the second stage and, therefore, the WBF one-half/one-third formula applies each second and/or third time two teams meet.
* please make sure any Word documents sent by email are virus-free