The Tournament Committee is considering changes to PQP rules to reward players who play together as partners. To read the discussion paper and provide your views please follow this link. www.abf.com.au/member-services/feedback.
This calculator halves PQP allocations for pairs who have not played together for at least 50% of the
matches of an event and is provided as a comparison with the current calculator.
2018 Australian Playoff Pair PQP Calculator (Pairs Board Rule) - Open
- Entrants to the Playoffs are advised that the information displayed here and
the PQPs used on this utility are unofficial. All information regarding the
Playoffs should be checked in the relevant Supplementary Regulations. All PQPs
should be checked on the ABF's official PQP home
prior to entering the Playoffs.
- Players must be financial members of the ABF to enter the Playoffs.
- Only players who are on the relevant Panel may enter the Playoffs.
- Players must enter the Playoffs as a pair.
- There is no requirement for players to have played in the same partnerships as their
playoff partner but PQPs are discounted by 50% for all events in which they
did not play in the same partnership as their playoff partner.
- PQPs from concurrent Senior and Women's events are transferred to the Women's and Seniors respectively with a factor of
0.5. Concurrent events are Autumn Swiss Pairs; VCC; Butler Pairs; ANC teams;
LSWT and BEST; NWT and NST; Women's and Seniors' Playoffs.
- Only Players eligible for PQPs are included in the unit.
Please report any discrepancies to the webmaster at